2018 marks the second year in a row that Constellation Software Inc. (Volaris’ parent company) was named the top strategic acquirer of software companies based on number of acquisitions. An independent analysis conducted by Corum Group found that Constellation Software completed far more acquisitions than the second placed acquirer.
Constellation Software and Volaris Group
Constellation Software was founded in 1995 with the purpose of developing a portfolio of vertical market software companies that have the potential to be leaders in their particular niche. All of Constellation Software’s acquisitions are conducted by one of six operating groups which are managed independently within Constellation’s decentralized corporate structure. Volaris is one of these groups. With the financial backing of Constellation, Volaris Group acquires, strengthens, and grows software companies that operate in over a dozen different vertical markets.
Why Sellers Choose Constellation and Volaris
Constellation Software and Volaris Group enable business owners and professional managers to secure a bright future for their company. Leaders often choose Constellation Software and Volaris because of our decentralized corporate structure, “buy and hold forever” acquisition philosophy, and focus on talent development. Because we never sell our companies, we are committed to their long-term sustainable growth. Through our decentralized company structure, we empower our leaders to run and grow their businesses autonomously. Post-acquisition, leaders continue to make their own day to day decisions while gaining everything they need to take the business to the next level.
Spotlight on Volaris’ 2018 Acquisitions
Of the acquisitions completed by Constellation Software companies, several were conducted by Volaris Group, including:
- Sicap - Sicap is a global mobile device management provider to Mobile Network Operators and Mobile Virtual Network Operators, Enablers and Aggregators.
- Helm - Helm delivers solutions to address all departments of tug and barge marine operations for compliance, documentation, maintenance, and resource management.
- Avance Metering - Avance Metering provides solutions to manage smart meters, communication protocols and connected systems for electricity, water, gas, and district heating.
- Velocix - Velocix is a streaming technology company that makes video personal, on every connected screen.
- Aleyant Systems - Aleyant is a global web-to-print, estimation and production, and prepress automation workflow software provider to graphics and commercial print professionals.
- Occam Systems - Occam provides student accommodation software to manage room bookings for their halls of residence.
- Grosvenor Systems - Grosvenor offers all in one property management and accounting software for block managers, commercial managing agents, owners and occupiers.
This article was originally posted on https://www.volarisgroup.com/blog/article/constellation-software-named-top-strategic-acquirer-for-2018